Achieving the Perfect Blonde and Pink Hair: Tips from the ProsOn 2022-06-18 by Charlotte Munro
As a professional colorist, I’ve had the opportunity to work with many different hair colors and textures. In this blog post, I will share my tips for achieving the perfect blonde and pink hair. So whether you’re thinking of going blonde for the first time or adding a pop of pink to your current look, these tips will help you achieve beautiful, healthy hair. So let’s get started!
Trendy pink and blonde hair colors
There’s no denying that pink and blonde hair is having a moment right now, and why, see here! The two colors are the perfect complement to each other, creating a look that is both fun and stylish. So if you’re thinking about giving this trend a try, here are some tips to help you get the perfect pink and blonde hair color.
- Start with pre-lightened hair. Pink and blonde hair looks best when it’s super light, so if your starting point is darker, you’ll need to pre-lighten your strands first. We recommend using a bleach kit at home or going to a professional stylist for help with this step.
- Choose the right shade of pink. When it comes to pink hair, there are a lot of different shades to choose from. If you want a subtle look, opt for a baby pink shade. If you’re feeling bolder, go for a brighter hue like fuchsia or hot pink.
- Add some blonde highlights. Add some blonde highlights to make your pink and blonde hair color pop. You can have your stylist do this or DIY it at home with a highlighting kit.
- Use a purple shampoo to help maintain your color. Pink and blonde hair can tend to fade quickly, so use a purple shampoo once or twice a week to help keep your color looking fresh and vibrant.
If you’re thinking about trying the pink and blonde hair trend, these tips will help you get the perfect look. Just remember to use a purple shampoo to keep your color looking its best!
How to dye your hair pink and blonde
Achieving the perfect blonde and pink hair can be a challenge, but with these tips from the pros, you’ll be sure to turn heads no matter where you go!
- Talk to your stylist about which shade of blonde will complement your skin tone best. If you’re fair-skinned, go for a lighter blonde; if you have an olive complexion, try a golden or caramel hue.
- Once you’ve decided on the right color, it’s time to prep your hair for dyeing. If your hair is particularly damaged or processed, consider doing a protein treatment beforehand to help strengthen strands and minimize breakage.
- When dyeing your hair at home, use a high-quality blonde hair dye and follow the instructions carefully. It’s also a good idea to do a test strand first to make sure you like the results.
- To keep your blonde hair looking its best, invest in a purple shampoo and conditioner to help counteract any brassy tones. Use these once or twice weekly, and follow up with a hydrating conditioner.
- For pink hair that pops, go for a vibrant shade like fuchsia or bubblegum pink. Try a dusty rose or mauve hue instead if you want something a little more subdued.
- As with blonde hair, it’s important to use a high-quality hair dye when coloring your hair pink. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully, and do a test strand first if you’re unsure about the results.
- To keep your pink hair looking fresh, invest in a color-depositing shampoo and conditioner. Use these once or twice a week to help maintain your hue.
- Finally, remember that both blonde and pink hair require a bit of extra TLC to stay looking their best. Be sure to use heat protectant products before styling, and avoid over-washing your hair to prevent stripping away color.